NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses make Anything. Possible!
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done! You’ll work with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and go home safely every day, passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
LNS Services is looking for a new team member to fill the position of Project Manager. In this position you will be responsible for all aspects of successful execution of a project. Provides overall leadership and control of the project, typically involving scope definition, scheduling, mobilization, engineering, design, procurement, subcontracts, construction, commissioning and closeout. Project usually includes heavy industrial installation of bulk materials handling equipment and structures, although it may include commercial, infrastructure or institutional facilities.
Post-secondary degree in engineering, construction or project management, or a technical school diploma and extensive practical PM experience on applicable project work.
Eight (8) years of work experience in engineering, construction or other related technical field with increasing levels of responsibility and development, or fifteen (15) years of similar experience (without an appropriate post-secondary degree).
- Participate in proposal development (scope, schedule, cost, team, execution plan)
- Work with the project stakeholders to develop the project charter, which outlines the scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Complete the activities required in the project mobilization checklist
- Manage your external customer and communicate regularly with them
- Customize a project management and execution plan to provide direction to the team
- Develop the work breakdown structure and estimate the effort required for each task
- Create the cost control budget from the as-sold proposal cost estimate
- Provide a construction-driven, resource-loaded project schedule to identify when each task will be performed
- Develop a procurement and contracting plan and associated schedules
- Determine what external consultants or subcontractors will be required to complete the work identified in the project plan
- When required, work with HR and group leads to recruit appropriate staffing resources
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Proactively lead, coach and motivate project team members
- Be accountable for project team performance and results
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders and project team members
- Work with the project team to resolve issues and solve problems
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that any changes to scope are documented and approved using a change order process
- Ensure that project quality and safety targets are set and achieved
- Track and report regularly on project milestone progress using approved reporting template
- Provide internal project financial reports to senior business manager
- Determine project close-out and archiving requirements and complete a post-project evaluation of performance
- Ensure all project documents are safely archived before demobilizing project team
- Effective team management and ability to hold members responsible for their performance
- Excellent communication skills – Both verbal and written
- Attention to detail but ability to focus on the big picture
- Proficient in project management tools including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills