NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses make Anything. Possible!
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done! You’ll work with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and go home safely every day, passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
LNS Services is looking for a new team member to fill the position of Project Estimator. In this position you will be responsible for all activities related to client relationships, project scope definition and cost estimating with a focus in the area of bulk material handling projects. This is a Full time position with competitive salary and benefits package.
Technical background in engineering (structural or mechanical) and estimating OR a ticketed tradesperson with demonstrated MS Office skills.
3-5 years field experience and 2-3 years estimating experience. Experience in bulk material handling systems and/or experience as an installation contractor in heavy industry is considered a strong asset. Exposure to plant facilities, commodity ports and terminals, heavy equipment/machinery or maintenance of facility operating equipment is beneficial.
- Lead estimating activities for primarily supply & installation construction projects in the industrial sector (typical value range: $100k – $5m)
- Participate or lead complete project proposal packages in response to RFPs
- Meet with existing and potential clients and develop new project opportunities
- Develop business relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Read construction drawings, prepare quantity take-offs and issue RFQs to subcontractors
- Evaluate and analyze subcontractor quotes
- Propose creative value engineering solutions
- Continue to develop improved methods to cost and price projects (estimating tools)
- Continue to develop a risk/cost model for fixed price projects
- Work with the project managers to develop execution methodology/approach for new projects
- Evaluate the technical design, schedule, cost coding and structure of projects and develop benchmarks for the estimating of similar project scopes
- Identify opportunities for improving material handling designs and standards
- Manage, lead or sponsor projects when necessary and appropriate
- Interface with field staff and identify capabilities and resources to support estimating costs
- Experience with estimating software; i.e. Hard Dollar is an asset
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Time management, prioritization, multitasking and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and analytical in problem solving
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to analyze project data and production rates
- Full driver’s license required for site visits