LNS Services is looking for a jobsite foreman for upcomming jobs within the lower mainland.
The Foreman provides leadership, schedules, coordinates, supervises and ensures the safety and productivity of crews at the workface who install/assemble components of industrial products and structures. As a key participant in the relationship with the company, sub-contractors, and client, the foreman acts as management liaison and client interface. The Foreman will be expected to fill in for the Superintendent when he/she is unavailable, on holiday leave, attending training courses, sick leave, etc.
Rate is upwards of $50 per hour.
United Steelworkers Union rates complete with full benefit package.
Has the ability to:
- Lead the crew.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing, with good comprehension.
- Coach and teach crew members.
- Apply good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- See how the work and tasks fits into the project.
- Form and implement workface crew plans and schedules.
- Organize and delegate work.
- Handle the administrative duties of position, including completion of required documents.
- Effectively use computers and other technology.
3 to 5 years’ experience as a qualified and competent tradesperson in a Site Foreman position, who is familiar with other construction trades and crafts.
- Has completed Construction Safety Training Systems (or equivalent) and asset.
- Has completed Leadership for Safety Excellence.
- Has a current Level 1 First Aid certificate.
- Has completed a formal supervisory training programs (Practical Leadership Tools for Front Line Supervisors/Supervisory & Management Skills or equivalent
- Valid B.C. Driver's Licenses, with safe driving record.