LNS Services is an industrial construction and maintenance contractor that delivers value-added engineering, project management, and construction services to materials-handling, manufacturing, forestry, and many other industrial and commercial sectors. We primarily install and maintain machinery and related structural steel work for container ports, bulk material terminals and heavy industrial manufacturing plants - primarily within the Vancouver Lower Mainland area.
We are in search of a Senior Project Estimator to join the LNS team. In this position, you will be responsible for completing full cycle bidding for projects, with support from our Design & Estimating Manager and our experienced site Superintendents, Engineers and Project Managers. You will evaluate requests for proposals, produce detailed cost estimates and written proposals with schedules for a wide range of complex heavy industrial installation and maintenance projects ranging in value between $50K and $ 10MM - most often for bulk materials handling equipment and associated structures.
• Provide excellent customer service by putting the customer first, communicating effectively and making LNS Services a pleasure to work with.
• Promote the LNS brand and develop relationships with clients and other contractors to develop future project opportunities. Always demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, skill and motivation.
• Meet with our clients and their engineers to fully understand the objective of each project and which project goals matter most.
• Develop high level work plans with the support of our experienced team to meet or exceed the client’s schedule, cost and quality goals, while maintaining our competitive advantage to win bids.
• Possess the technical knowledge and experience to develop excellent ‘win solutions’ for the installation, modification and maintenance of heavy industrial machinery and related structural steel work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review bid documents, engineered design packages, specifications and associated terms and conditions to fully understand the specified scope of work, evaluate project risks and determine if LNS is the right fit for the project.
• Attend on-site meetings to review site conditions and understand the scope of work, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
• Develop innovative project ‘win solutions’ and evaluate internal and external resource and material requirements to complete the work competitively.
• Identify, tender, and evaluate outside services and material packages as required to obtain technical input and costing from subcontractors and suppliers.
• Use our estimating spreadsheets to develop a complete work breakdown structure and produce a detailed estimate of all labour hours, outside services, materials and equipment costs.
• Prepare written proposals to document the project’s scope of work, bidding assumptions and commercial aspects - to allow our project managers to manage risk and scope creep after the project is awarded.
• Lead a bid review with internal stakeholders prior to submitting your proposals to the client.
• Work directly with the client and their Engineers as required to support of the proposal up to award of contract.
• Lead a kick off meeting for our engineers and project managers after award of contract to walk them through the
scope of work, proposal and associated cost estimates.
• Evaluate completed project costs to obtain feedback on your estimates, to refine future bids and identify
opportunities for improvement.
• Mechanical or Structural Engineering diploma or degree, or Red Seal Millwright combined with extensive
progressive experience in a similar role
• 5+ years’ minimum experience with industrial project estimating and contract negotiations for small to large
industrial installation projects
• 5+ years’ minimum experience managing most aspects of industrial installation and maintenance projects
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, combined with outstanding time management, analytical,
prioritization and organizational skills.
• Proficient knowledge of Excel, Work, MS project and AutoCad is required.
LNS Services is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices