NorLand Limited is diverse group of 16 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
LNS Services, part of NorLand Limited offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. LNS Services offers training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and supports opportunities for their growth and advancement.
We are in search of an Office Coordinator to join the LNS Team. In this position, you will be responsible for providing support to field employees in all aspects of coordination of the site, site services, and safety preparation, throughout the project and project close out.
You will be accountable for:
- Supporting field project management and crews in project planning, kick-off and safe execution of projects.
- Creating and administer documentation pertaining to the set up, planning and close out of the project.
- Communicating with team members and external stakeholders
- Ensuring the team has the facilities, materials, tools and resources to operate safely and effectively
- General assistance for PM/FM/CM
- Office Administration/Receptionist/Procurement Duties as needed
- Assisting in developing proposal documents, update document templates as needed with new rates and procedures.
- Assisting with new employee paperwork, training, and support, including site specific orientation and NorLand Orientation.
Coordination / Management
- Assisting PM with documents as needed.
- Job creation, tracking and administration in Spectrum
- Assisting PM with budget process.
- Assisting team with the creation of a workplan.
- Assisting with mobilization/demobilization for procurement.
- Ensuring all safety plans and procedures are provided; exposure control plan, daily safety binders, tickets are checked for expiry.
- Managing material to be used on the job and SDS documents for all materials.
- Coordinating with yard and vendors to organize items and services needed for site.
- Assisting with the creation of a job specific Foreman binder.
- Liaising with procurement for any job specific tasks.
- Creating daily timesheets to be reviewed by PM.
- Ensuring all documentation, including safety documentation, is created daily, and stored in applicable folders.
- Assisting with procurement tasks, PO’s, scheduling, tracking costs, invoicing throughout job.
- Managing site services.
- Ensuring all job documentation is scanned and saved.
- Final invoicing, PO closure.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a customer-facing role with demonstrated communication skills. Post-secondary diploma in in administration or a related field would be considered an asset.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple processes at the same time.
- A team player with the ability to listen and collaborate.
- A demonstrated problem solver and self-starter with the ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment.