NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses make Anything. Possible
LNS Services is an industrial construction and maintenance contractor that delivers value-added engineering, project management, and construction services to materials-handling, manufacturing, forestry and many other industrial and commercial sectors. We primarily installs and maintains machinery and related structural steel work for container ports, bulk material terminals and heavy industrial manufacturing plants - primarily within the Vancouver Lower Mainland area.
We are looking for a team member to fill the position of Construction Mechanical Superintendent for their operations in the Vancouver Lower Mainland. In this position you will be a leader in providing direction to our skilled tradesmen and construction staff in the field, while coordinating their responsibilities and activities on multiple sites.
- Consistently delivering quality projects and maintain NorLand’s high standard of Health and Safety
- Lead our field teams by example; always demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, skill and motivation, ensuring that each crew member has the knowledge, skills, tools and resources to meet the project goals
- Ensure that LNS delivers on its promises to our clients.
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients, communicating effectively and generally making LNS Services a pleasure to work with.
- Monitor the execution of work to ensure that schedules and budgets are met as efficiently as possible
- Solve various mechanical problems and providing creative solutions in a fast-paced environment under tight schedule and cost constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in pre-tender site visits, scope of work evaluations and assist with estimates - in support of our project estimators
- Review site conditions and project documents to fully understand project scope of work, quality, safety and environmental requirements - with support from our engineers and project managers.
- Develop and maintain detailed work execution plans, manpower schedules, tool & equipment lists to meet or exceed Schedule, Cost and Quality goals
- Monitor each project’s scope of work and obtain compensation when changes occur
- Work with our dispatcher to ensure that appropriate crews are provided to meet the needs of each project
- Complete site-specific safety hazard assessments and prepare risk management plans, with support from our safety group
- Monitor site safety procedures and documentation to ensure adherence to NorLand’s standards. Take a leading role in any near miss or incident investigations
- Monitor quality and our adherence to project specific Inspection and Testing Plans. Provide corrective actions if quality issues occur
- Stay a few steps ahead of the work to anticipate project needs, remove barriers and ensure that your teams have what they need to complete the work as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Be the first point of contact with our clients and their engineers, to provide a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Promote the LNS brand and develop relationships with clients and other contractors to provide future project opportunities
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience with the manufacturing, installation and/or modification of heavy industrial machinery.
- Red Seal Millwright and/or a Mechanical Engineering diploma or degree, required
- Proven track record of managing a diverse and challenging portfolio of machine construction and/or maintenance projects
- Possess the technical knowledge and experience to provide excellent solutions for the installation modification and maintenance of heavy industrial machinery and related structural steel work.
- Ability to use leadership and mentorship skills to develop a supportive and respectful environment with your teams that foster open communication
- The desire to continuously improve your teams knowledge, engagement and work satisfaction
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices